Monday, February 24, 2020

A Tip to Remember When Hiring a Home Inspector

If you want to streamline your home purchase, there’s one thing you must do before hiring a home inspector.

Buying a Jonesboro home?  Get a Full Home Search
Selling your Jonesboro home? Get a Free Home Price Evaluation


If you’re buying a home, should you hire a home inspector? As you know, my team and I serve hundreds of buyers per year, so I’ll share the same advice with you that I do with them.

Home inspections usually cost between $400 and $800, depending on who you hire and the age and state of the house. We always recommend hiring a home inspector, but there’s a certain trade secret you should know: Home inspectors are a jacks of all trades, but masters of none. 

I know this because I’ve read thousands of home inspection reports, and if there’s an issue with a home’s roof, heating and air conditioning unit, plumbing, electrical framework, etc., the home inspector will suggest having an expert take a look at it.




Home inspections usually cost between $400 and $800.



That’s why, instead of spending the time, energy, and money hiring more professionals after your home inspection is done, we suggest hiring them beforehand to take a look at the house. This way, you have the master of each trade on the job site, and if an issue is found, they can give you an accurate estimate of what it would cost to fix it.

I’m very excited about what the rest of 2020 has in store for our market, so if you’re thinking of buying or selling or have any real estate questions at all, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I’m here to serve.